OKK Koksovny, a. s., as a producer of coke, coal gas and other chemical products, stresses the importance of minimising the negative impacts on the environment of its production.
Policies pursued by company management
OKK Koksovny, a. s., has published a statement in which it publicly declares several obligations to create environmental and safety policies that ensure:
- Timely and continuous observation of legislative requirements applicable to the protection of working and living environments, in both the production and storage of its products, and timely and continuous observation of other obligations in this area assumed by the company;
- Continuous improvement of the technical parameters of the company's production equipment and products in relation to environmental protection and the continuous reduction of pollutants escaping from production activities and products into all parts of the environment, as well as continuous monitoring of the working and living environment quality at all workplaces and in the plant’s surroundings;
- Increasing awareness of all company employees through education and training in the principles of protecting the environment from the adverse effects of activities, products and services, implications of production activities for the environment and the necessity of their minimisation, and adherence to principles of environmentally respectful behaviour of employees during production processes;
- Timely provision of information to employees, governmental bodies, local administrations and the general public on all impacts on the environment of production and non-production activities, products and services of the company;
- Collaboration with the City of Ostrava in systematically reducing environmental stress caused by pollutants originating from various sources, and in the development of systems for the prevention of industrial accidents, accident readiness, minimisation of risks posed by production and storage technologies, and in systems for the integrated protection of the lives and health of employees and the environment against the effects of a potential industrial accident.